Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Off to Gaylord!

I would have to say I am very pleased to know that someone recognizes snowboaders in the Mid-West.  TransWorld Snowboarding made a stop at the Otsego Club and Resort in Gaylord, MI.  They brought their famous TransAm competition to us folks here who sit in the dark from the snowboarding world.  I am glad to have had the opportunity to compete in a larger competition.

Although, I did not make the podium as I had set on doing, I did gain an insight of where I stand in the snowboarding world of girls.  I believe I am at the same level as the girls who won the first, second, and thrid slots, but have less expereince on certain types of features.  I think I did a pretty damn good job seeing as I didn't practice the week before or even got to ride the day before beucase I had to drive to it!  A big backside 360 off a booter punched me into the finals.  Even one of the judges reconized it and told me I was killin' it!  He handed the t-shirt to me afterword.  I was almost in disbelief that I was able to make it to the finals.  I wasn't even sure how the other girls were doing becuase I was focused on getting back up and trying something different.  I walked up to the guy with the clipboard giving him my t-shirt number and name.  I was estatic to see my name on the list for the girls.

My downfalls I would have to say were on the snowbus made as a butter box out of snow and the zumiez couch jib.  I was hesitent to attempt anything on them because I had never hit feautures similar to this setup.  However, I have learned a lesson from this mistake.  I have learned in this situation is to give something a try because if you do then you don't have anything to regret.  This really makes me sad because I had the opportunity to inspire someone with these same exact words.  If only I could have thought of this while we were riding.  I wasn't completely stupid and still encouraged her to give the down box a try.  I really hope she did give it a try so she doesn't have the same regrets as me for not giving something a try.  Oye!

On the bright side of things, I got a photo from the event posted on TransWorlds website.  Check it!  I am photo number 8.
Photos from TransAm - Otsego Club and Resort
Video from TransAM - Ostego Club and Resort
You can find more info on the TransAm at the transworld snowboarding website:  TransAM Info

Anyhow, I haven't been keeping up to date at all ever on this blog site.  I should update a few things and keep a follow up on what's happening next in this snowboard filled world!

This weekend I plan on going to Madison, WI for the Jeep Downtown Throwdown Rail Jam.  I really hope the set up is nice with a fun atmosphere.  I went to this a few years ago and placed third and so my goal is to do better than this status and encourage the other ladies who are cometiting to do their best.  More info on this jam can be found here:  Jeep Downtown Throwdown Rail Jam

If you have any comments, please post what you feel like saying.
T-Bone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More